Clarendon Weir

Clarendon’s settlement relied solely on the availability of water from the Onkaparinga River. Today the Onkaparinga River supplies the Happy Valley Reservoir from the Mount Bold Reservoir catchment area. The marble faced weir, opened on 7 August, 1892, was built across the river and a tunnel cut through the hills to Happy Valley Reservoir. The weir was raised two feet in 1966.

IMAG009